2017: resolutions + goals
2017: this year means a lot to me. personally, i have grown tremendously. i lost my father in june 2015 to a two year battle with cancer, and following his passing, i experienced significant depression (this is something i will blog about - because it's very important to not be silent on this topic). after seeking help and with the aid of my family, i was able to heal and get back to myself. with that said, 2017 is the first year since his diagnosis that i feel 100% like myself, perhaps even better than i was before. along with the above-mentioned, there are SO many wonderful things happening in my life this year. in four short months, our little man will be arriviong, a few months after that i'll be celebrating my one year wedding anniversary with the love of my life, one of my dearest friends will marry her love in august and last but not least, we as a family, made a decision for me to leave my full-time corporate job to pursue my passion and be a full-time blogger (of course i'll break when baby 'h' arrives) i am so fortunate for my supportive and loving husband for giving me the opportunity to do so! someone pinch me, this all feels like a dream!
and so with the new year, comes resolutions + goals. writing down your resolutions truly makes you accountable to them. it is a great way to reflect on successes and failures over the past twelve months and refine them for the year to come. so here are mine that i will share with you!
- read more - i'd like to burry myself in inspiring business books and biographies and of course some fiction too. my goal is to read 20 books this year, and if you know me, that's quite lofty!
- journal everyday - my husband started journaling over a year ago and noticed significant improvements in all facets of his life. he has been encouraging me to try to journal as well, but i kept putting it off. this year, i am going to take his good advice and journal everyday. i know that it will only bring good to my life, so why not?
- keep organized - personally and professionally. you know the first few weeks of class, new year, or forming a new habit, and it's going smooth and then all of a sudden, it's not? well i'm not going to let my organization fail me this year. i want to ensure that i am organized to keep a clear space in my mind and environment.
- network with other creatives - i know my greatest asset will come from my community of creatives around me and i really want to use this start of the new year to take advantage of all this city has to offer. i recently was referred to a group in edmonton called TuesdaysTogether, and next week i will be attending my first meet up to discuss workflow & systems. i am looking so forward to meeting other creatives that will inspire and encourage me, and i hope to do the same for them.
- practice self-compassion - it's pretty easy to be negative towards ourselves and i want to make a point to love myself more. focusing on the positive, loving my mind, my body, my life etc. this one is a beneficial resolution for all to practice!
- stay active - of course this is important always, but with my changing body as little bean grows, i know that once he arrives i'd really like to get back into yoga and make a point of getting out of the house for a walk and perhaps joining a fitness program to get back to feeling my best.
thanks so much visiting! what are you new year resolutions? xo