little mans minimalist nursery
yay! we have finally decided on little mans nursery (well mostly myself, and bradley didn't oppose!) of course i wanted a modern, minimalist design, so the colour scheme was never a never a concern, but deciding what pieces of furniture to have in what colour was my biggest decision. now that i see it all together, i am positive we picked the best look for his little man space.
i originally was eyeing some animal prints on etsy of soft sketched bunnies for the nursery but decided i wanted little baby 'h' (see what i did there, he has a name, but you only get to know the first letter) to have a stronger look to his room, and i think his daddy did too; hehe.
where do you get these items you ask?!
1. babyletto crib - i love love this crib. when looking for a crib, i knew i wanted clean lines and a light colour. i went back and forth between and white and natural wood colour crib and ultimately decided on this after piecing together the nursery. i love the small detail of white on the legs! we will be purchasing our crib from our local west coast kids. if you too plan to shop at west coast, know that you'll need approximately 12 weeks from the time your order is placed before it arrives. be sure to check with the experts before hand though!
2. leklysten crib duvet cover - white duvet covers for babies (believe it or not) are not a common thing. this was one of the very few i found, and my favourite thing about the item, is the price -- $9.99; yes, you read that right! what a steal for a duvet cover and pillow case. thanks again ikea!
3. world map cotton rug - we will soon have vinyl plank flooring in our home and we will need a soft place for our little man to lie on. i love this rug from h&m, the colours go with our design and and as baby grows older, he can learn about different parts of the world and animals too! i think this one will be a hit with its multifunction.
4. fox giclee print - i love this monochrome print from etsy! it's available in 8x10 and 11x14 so you can choose the size to fit you. we will be going with the 8x10 as we will have a few pieces displayed on the wall with it. note - this doesn't come framed, so you'll have to find that yourself. we will be going with a white frame for this print.
5. oh baby it's a wild word print - cat stevens everyone! we love music in this house, so it couldn't be more fitting to have some lyrics in little mans room. hopefully he grows up appreciating his parents taste in music ;) this is also from etsy, and same as above, is a print only. we will be framing this one in black to add some contrast.
6. xoxo organic fitted crib sheet - a few posts back you probably saw how bradley and i had our first dance to xo by john mayer at our wedding and tattooed our memory during our honeymoon, so, long story short, xo is near and dear to us. i was over the moon when i found these sheets! they are from pottery barns kids. bradley and i are headed to phoenix with our family in january and i'll be stopping in scottsdale to pick these up.
7. the writer oak letter board - letterfolk is the bees knees. i have wanted one of these for a while and still haven't made the purchase; and what better reason than for baby 'h's nursery! with the prints that i chose i think this will fit well, and, we can change up what it says. these are currently out of stock but i'll be ordering one after christmas. i can not wait!
8. stockholm mirror - oh hey ikea, thanks for always being there for me. as you'll see in the next item detail, we will be purchasing a 6 drawer dresser and above this, is where we'll place the mirror. i love the colour and design of this, it fits perfectly, don't you think?
9. malm 6 drawer dresser - maybe you've seen this ikea dresser and maybe it's overdone, but nothing beats the price, and classic look. this will store little mans clothing and look nice at the same time. yes please!
10. ekby jarpen wall shelf - looks like ikea takes the win for most items on this list! we'll need a place to store some decor items and books for our little guy; this flows with our design and, again, the price is unbeatable!
there you have it! our nursery design for the most special man about to enter our lives! i can't wait to have his space complete and anxiously await his arrival.
thanks you so much for reading! xox